Current parish council
Buckland Brewer parish has nine parish councillors. They have been elected unopposed to serve for a four year term until 2019.
Some councillors live in the village and others in more remote areas. They have a range of interests and backgrounds.
Parishioners can contact any councillor to make representations about local issues. They can also speak briefly at the beginning of parish council meetings.
The parish council meets on the second Wednesday of every month.
Current councillors and their portfolio responsibilities
- Trevor Mills, Chairman: 01237 451314 Governance and Fields & Allotments (jointly with Sally Nicholls)
- Sally Nicholls, Vice Chair: 07917 247 760 Thornhillhea Moor (jointly with George Heywood), Field and Allotments (jointly with Trevor Mills) and Village Hall Trustee
- Barbara Babb: 01237 451306 Planning Applications
- Marie Douglass 01237 451176 Finance and Village Scene Correspondent
- Andrew Hewitt: 01237 451804 Communications and External Liaison. Member of DALC County Committee and Torridge Area Advisory Group
- George Heywood: 01237 451312 Thornhilhead Moor (jointly with Sally Nicholls) and Snow Warden
- Jim Lowe: 01237 451193 Draft Local Plan and Hillpark Development s106 Agreement
- Shirley Tilley: 01237 451003
- David Watson: 01237 451437 Community Support (including welfare, housing and transport)
Catsborough Cross, Monkleigh
Bideford, Devon, EX39 5LE
Telephone: 01805 624832