Elections May 2015
Elections will take place on Thursday 7 May 2015 to elect:
- members of parliament
- district councillors for the Torridge district
- parish councillors for towns and parishes in the Torridge district
For full information about the elections in Torridge, please see Torridge DC election pages.
Register to vote
You cannot vote unless you are on the electoral roll. The easiest way to register is online.
Candidate and nomination information
For guidance and advice on standing as a candidate in any of the elections, please see the guidance notes produced by the Electoral Commission:
- Guidance for candidates and agents at UK Parliamentary elections
- Guidance for candidates and agents at district elections
- Guidance for candidates and agents at parish elections
Current parish council
Buckland Brewer parish has nine parish councillors. They were elected on 5 May 2011 to serve for a four year term.
Some councillors live in the village and others in more remote areas. They have a range of interests and backgrounds.
Parishioners can contact any councillor to make representations about local issues. They can also speak briefly at the beginning of parish council meetings.
The parish council meets on the second Wednesday of every month.
- Jim Lowe, Chairman: 01237 451193
- Trevor Mills, Vice Chairman: 01237 451314
- Barbara Babb: 01237 451306
- Andrew Hewitt: 01237 451804
- George Heywood: 01237 451312
- Sally Nicholls: 01237 451593
- Kate Slocombe: 01237 451384
- Shirley Tilley: 01237 451003
- David Watson: 01237 451437
Catsborough Cross, Monkleigh
Bideford, Devon, EX39 5LE
Telephone: 01805 624832