BUCKLAND BREWER VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE:
Minutes of the Buckland Brewer Village Hall Annual General Meeting Held on Wednesday 21ST November 2012 in the Village Hall 7.45 p.m.
Present – Trevor Mills, Jane Lowe , Jim Lowe ,David Watson, Steve Harding; David Lloyd, Margaret Lloyd, Jo Birch, Alan Sutton, Frank Watson, Derek Ellis; Kevin Lobb; John Bridge; Tom Lloyd (yet to be elected) & 2 members of the public.
1) Apologies –Dawn Dziurzinski, George Tilley; Shirley Tilley; Lyn Layton (resigned)
2) Ratification of Minutes of last AGM meeting 23rd November 2011 – proposed David Lloyd, seconded Jim Lowe, agreed all, and signed
3) Matters Arising. None which would not be covered within this agenda elsewhere.
4) Chairman’s Report – thanks to all officers, specifically Jane, Kevin, Dawn but also to all trustees. Next 12 months will be extremely busy maintaining the momentum recently generated by increased activity of the new community hall sub-committee.
5) Treasurers Report.
Existing Hall. This year see a loss £4181.06, mainly attributable to CapEx (purchase of the chairs)£3801.90, but also maintenance £1774.76 & decreased electric meter usage which will be addressed within the business of the forthcoming meeting.
Questions? – none
New Community Hall. Loss of £7410.25 includes expenditure on architects £10503.60.Profit excluding this is £3093.35.Specific income from Xmas Market 2011 £370, Picnic Prom £710, Rosemoor share £721 & theatre (Salty Socks) £106. Cinema made a loss of £30 and this activity has been curtailed. Interest on funds received £339.99 (up £300 following Principality investment). PRS license outgoing has doubled to £133.
Questions? – none
6) New Community Hall Annual Report. Advised as ongoing and will be covered in greater detail at the forthcoming committee meeting. Planning permission still awaited, deadline from TDC is today.
7) Appointments. Football Club is not to be represented this year (exchanges of mail between Jane & FC members confirm this – see also minutes of previous committee meetings). Changes since last AGM– Gardening Club is now represented by Steve Harding. Derek expressed concern there is still no representative for the school. Jane advised that having written as instructed after last AGM (no response) full publication of requirements had been made public and a degree of responsibility had to rest with organisations themselves. David agreed he would speak with Ruth to ascertain whether they wanted a place on committee as trustee. Jane advised the situation was that the trust deed allowed for 18 places plus a treasurer and secretary. Assuming all re-elected maintaining status quo, places remained for 1 affiliate plus 2 casual vacancies (Trevor advised these are regarded as co-options). No one from the public present offered their services. Tom Lloyd advised he was to replace Michael Martin as trustee/representative for Young Farmers, having been issued by the secretary in advance with a copy of the trust deed and advised of his responsibilities.
All other organisations were agreed en bloc by all those present, proposed Jane Lowe, seconded Margaret Lloyd as follows:-.
a) Representatives of Village Organisations:-
Bowls – George Tilley Young Farmers – Tom Lloyd
Parish Council – David Lloyd Skittles – Frank Watson
WI – Margaret Lloyd Football Club – not to be represented
Church – Margaret Lloyd School – t.b.c.
Chapel – David Watson Playing Field – t.b.c.
Pre-school – Jo Birch Gardening Club – Steve Harding
b) Jane advised that with Lyn’s resignation a co-opted place became free. Jim wished to affirm a place as trustee in his own right in order to serve regards the new hall, rather than at the behest of an affiliate. Assurance given that Playing Field Assn has an AGM forthcoming within the next week when they could seek to replace Jim very quickly should they choose. Agreed to appoint Jim as follows –proposed Trevor, seconded David (Lloyd).
Remaining Elected Members – proposed David Watson, seconded Jo Birch
John Bridge Alan Sutton
Dawn Dziurzynski Shirley Tilley
Derrick Ellis Trevor Mills
In accordance with trust deed requirements, all present signed to confirm their agreement to responsibilities & duties.
c) Officers would be elected at the Management Committee meeting to follow
Trevor asked if there were any comments prior to closing the meeting (there is no set agenda item AOB).John (Br) asked for it to be placed on record that there remained concern that the Football Club was not represented. No other comments.
The AGM closed at 8.00 p.m.