The Returning Officer, Torridge District Council, has given notice of the councillor vacancy on Buckland Brewer Parish Council.
The sequence of events will be as follows:
- Notice advertising vacancy is prepared by the Returning Officer and displayed appropriately
- Parishioners contact the Returning Officer if they want an election
- If no signatures (or less than 10) are received the parish council will be asked to co-opt someone
- If 10 or more signatures are received by 12 September 2014 a potential election date will be agreed by the Parish Clerk and Returning Officer and another notice will be displayed seeking nominations
- If there are no nominations the vacancy will be advertised again.
- If there is only one nomination that person will be elected unopposed
- If there is more than one nomination there will be an election, the full cost of which will be met by the Parish Council
- Formal notice of vacancy – published by Torridge DC (pdf 5KB)
- Parish council vacancies within Torridge: with contact details
Patrick Blosse, Clerk to Buckland Brewer Parish Council
Catsborough Cottage, Catsborough Cross, Monkleigh, Devon, EX39 5LE
Telephone: 01805 624832