The Returning Officer, Torridge District Council, has given notice of the councillor vacancy on Buckland Brewer Parish Council.
The sequence of events will be as follows:
- Notice advertising vacancy is prepared by the Returning Officer and displayed appropriately
- Parishioners contact the Returning Officer if they want an election
- If no signatures (or less than 10) are received the parish council will be asked to co-opt someone
- If 10 or more signatures are received by 12 September 2014 a potential election date will be agreed by the Parish Clerk and Returning Officer and another notice will be displayed seeking nominations
- If there are no nominations the vacancy will be advertised again.
- If there is only one nomination that person will be elected unopposed
- If there is more than one nomination there will be an election, the full cost of which will be met by the Parish Council
Patrick Blosse, Clerk to Buckland Brewer Parish Council
Catsborough Cottage, Catsborough Cross, Monkleigh, Devon, EX39 5LE
Telephone: 01805 624832