A better way to report problems on the roads
In the past, reporting problems with roads and transport has been difficult. Devon County Council has now set up a new online service: Report a problem
To report road issues just:
- Click on the problem which you want to report.
- Find the location on the interactive map.
There’s also a facility for you track progress at sorting the problem out.
The 16 problems are:
- Pothole: Large deep hole or multiple holes in the same street.
- Flooding & blocked drains, resulting in standing water, blocked culverts, flooded property or impassable roads.
- Street light: Lights not lit, on all day, flickering, shade tilted, wires exposed or leaning.
- Hazardous or fallen trees, that have fallen into the road or are leaning, unstable, diseased or dying.
- Overgrown vegetation, which forces pedestrians into roads, cars over central line, or reduces visibility.
- Trip hazard, such as a hole or a significant difference in level on pavement or cycleway.
- Broken manhole cover: Broken, missing or rocking manhole cover
- Public rights of way: Obstructions such as blocked access or broken stiles on public rights of way.
- Debris or obstruction: Thick mud, soil, stones, embankment slips, large branches or fallen trees on roads.
- Ice: Ice or snow on road.
- Defective road markings or signs: White and yellow, stop or give way lines or warning signs.
- Bridge: Structural damage to, or significant obstructions restricting water flow under, bridges.
- Retaining walls: Structural damage to roadside supporting walls.
- Traffic lights: Damage or fault to traffic lights or signals.
- Fences & barriers: Damaged or missing roadside fences or barriers.
- Lit signs & bollards: Faulty bollard, lit sign, beacon or school crossing patrol light.
Devon County Council contact details
Web: Roads and transport
Telephone: 0345 155 1004